Saturday, March 18, 2017

55 - Samantha - The Ending



Author's Note  The discovery of Slim's blood money was written in later, after we passed that point. The disposition of it will be addressed in the Epilogue.
                                                                          *

      “Tenny, I’ve been so anxious to tell you. Jeff and I had a long talk. We’ve decided to name our sweet boy. His name will be Tenneson. We will call him Tenn. You have became such a wonderful red-haired sister for me. I know we will always be sweet, loving sisters as long as we live. Though we can count our actual time together only in terms of a couple of weeks, you have become so dear to me.”
     Tenny was out of her head with joy. “I feel the same way, Samantha! I feel so honored that you did this. He’s such a wonderful little boy. Does this make him my God son, or what?
     Jeff and Samantha laughed. “I think it would be very appropriate to add that title, also. What do you think, Samantha?”
     “ I could think of nobody better!” Samantha smiled and hugged Tenny.
     The days flew by. Tenn was growing like a weed. He was a very good baby. He seemed to smile all the time, much like Samantha did as an infant. As his hair began to grow, barely, they realized. They had another redhead in the family!
     Good things just continued to happen in Samantha’s life. A few days later, Jeff’s mother, Darlene, had an announcement.
“Jeff, Samantha; Cati-Beth, Barbara, and I have decided. We’re going to go back home, sell our house, and move to Little Rock. We want to be close to all of you, and to be here as Tenn grows up. He’s my only grandson, you know! And Samantha, you are a wonderful wife, mother, and daughter-in-law. We just love you! Jeff could not have done better.”
     Cati-Beth and Barbara hugged Samantha. “Don’t leave us out! We’re your sweet sisters, too. We love you!”
     Samantha wept. Who could ask for more? She was now surrounded by three loving sisters, a loving mother, son, and husband. Samantha’s world could not be more perfect!
     Jeff was now his old self. Though he missed army life, the only life he had known as an adult, He decided to make Dead Eye Sam’s a family business. He would help Samantha run the Restaurant. And, if they wanted, Cati-Beth and Barbara could join them, once they got all settled in Little Rock.
     When Samantha was alone with Tenny, she quizzed her about her future plans.
     “Well, with everything going on, I’ve been waiting for the right time to get you alone and tell you my secret. John Wesley Gillum, LaFayette’s son, has asked me to marry him. I can’t wait to get back to Dover and tell him yes! Of course, I guess I already have. We plan to buy land in Pontoon, Arkansas, and build a home there. It’s not that far from Dover.”
    “ That’s so wonderful, Tenny. I had planned to ask you to work at Dead eye Sam’s, but I guess I can’t have everything. Anyway, you will only be a couple of days away.”
     “Don’t worry, Samantha. I will be here to see you and your wonderful family on a regular basis. After all, I’ve got to watch my Godson grow up, don’t I?”
    They hugged and laughed. The future did, indeed, look bright for the Rowe family.
     Sam now would belong to history.  Samantha it will be, always, in the lives and hearts of all those who now surround her with unconditional love. No matter what. Long live Samantha!

Don’t miss the Epilogue, next post!      

No comments:

Post a Comment