Friday, April 14, 2017

Forever Cry Reader Reviews

I will be back to my Africa story - three days.

Forever Cry is now available on Amazon.com. If you liked Dead Eye Sam, you will love Forever Cry. This is the full life story of Tenny, who appeared in Forever Cry. It is a combination of true stories of Tenny's life, details about things I think happened but can't document, and at times, pure fiction. I think you will like this combination.

Forever Cry goes much more into detail about it's stories than Dead Eye Sam. And, it pulls no punches. I hope you will like it.

FOREVER CRY Book Review by S M

I have long known Pat Gillum, a friend from my church, as a repository of his family’s genealogy. After reading the back cover of this book, I decided I’d never again be able to look him in the eye! However, my recently acquired love of romantic historical fiction lured me to open the book, and then I didn’t want to put it down until I finished. Pat has skillfully woven together history and his characters (real and imagined) with the help of the “residue” of a grandmother he never met. And I like that he didn’t omit the “real” life experiences that even Christians may try to keep locked away in the closet. I was so impressed, that I can’t wait to read it again!


Here is my endorsement for Forever Cry.  By JD
Forever Cry was a great read. Not only is it an entertaining, heartwarming, and at times gut wrenching story of a family in the 1860's, it has fascinating history lessons woven throughout the book. 
Gillum has an incredible way of making history come alive. There is not much written about the post civil war days and the hardships experienced following the end of the war, especially for blacks in the south. It was heartbreaking to read about their plight to find work, land and dignity in the midst of their new found freedom. 
I came away with a new understanding of this very important time in history. I wholeheartedly recommend this book

No comments:

Post a Comment