Saturday, May 10, 2014

The Perfect Message

     My daughter, Kinley, has always had this gift of being able to find the card with the perfect message, whether it be for a birthday, holiday, Father's Day, or Mother's day. But today, she totally outdid herself with this card to her Mother. It's as if a team of very smart people had studied my wife Barbara for a number of years, then put their heads together and wrote this description of  Barbara. I, myself, have been studying her closely for forty seven years, and I know all these statements to be true, though I could never have put them all down together as well as this stranger, who wrote this card, did. Kinley herself has been studying Barbara closely a lot of years, also, so I know she realized immediately what a jewel she had found.

Mother,
Just by watching you,
I learned.....

That beauty and modesty
 can absolutely go together.

That manners matter.

That kindness does, too.

That carrying yourself well
takes practice, but it's worth it.

That a warm smile
can work magic.

That the smartest person
in the room
is the one who can talk
to anyone and everyone.

That there's a quiet confidence
a woman can have
in who she is and all she does -
and you do it better than anyone.

Happy Mother's Day
to the greatest lady I know.

********************



I have not totally abandoned my blog, in spite of the fact that it appears so. I struggled for months to get my next book started while also writing my blog. Alas, it didn't work. I appear to be a creature with a one track mind. Once the words DID begin to come to me that I had been searching for these many long months, I found I must stick to my book project, and nothing else, until I complete it. FOREVER CRY is a historical fiction, inspired by my paternal grandmother, who was born in 1859, just before the Civil War started. The majority of it will center upon the Reconstruction Period. I hope you like it. Then, I will get back to my blog stories. I'm about 80% finished. Thank you for your time, and your attention. Pat





2 comments:

  1. Pat- the Mother's day words are lovely. And finish the book, we'll still be here when you come back to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pamela K! You always say the nicest things! Pat

    ReplyDelete